Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Creamy Spaghetti Squash!!

I learned yesterday that my iron stores are VERY low. Maybe that's one of the reasons I was so tired yesterday. I made a trip to the pharmacy to stock up on iron and some other vitamins that I decided I needed. I think my body must have a problem absorbing iron, since I eat so many iron-rich foods. Not fair. I don't love taking iron supplements. Regardless, today I feel back to normal and I had an awesome workout. Have I mentioned that I love Body Earned?

I also made the BEST spaghetti squash last night. EVER. So good that it deserved two exclamation marks. I got the inspiration from Clean Eating Chelsey. Unfortunately in the process I ended up getting jalapeno juice (?) all over my hands and it BURNED. It still does a little. So be careful. Anyway...

Bake a spaghetti squash at 400 for somewhere around 40 minutes. Once cooled a bit, run a fork along the inside (go with the strings) to make a mock-spaghetti.

Saute the following:
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 jalapeno
1 zucchini
fresh garlic
oregano
basil
pepper

Once cooked desired amount based on your preference, add in the spaghetti squash and mix.

Then add hummus and nutritional yeast. I used roasted garlic hummus and added about 4 tbsp, and 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast. If you've never had nutritional yeast, just trust me on this and go get some.

I added spicy turkey sausage to mine, but you can definitely use different meats/vegetables. and ENJOY!



I probably need to work on my food photography.

As a side note - Lee liked this better than the normal pasta sauce I made him. Win.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment