Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Brain Food

Did I mention last week that I was excited about statistics? Well, that was short-lived. I started my reading and homework for class#2 last night, and go figure, I still HATE stats. It's confusing, and trying to teach myself the content BEFORE the lecture seems ridiculous. What's funny to me however, is thinking about my undergrad. I don't think I once read textbook material BEFORE class, if I read it at all, and I've been absolutely diligent about it for my Masters (so far). Thank God moving forward Colleen and I are going to do our homework and readings together, I guess there's my silver lining!

Lee was out last night so I was on my own for dinner. I generally revert back to when I used to live alone on these nights and didn't actually cook anything. I still managed to whip up a delicious salad though! 

About and hour and a half into my readings, I gave up. I at least put some effort in, but I'm hoping that my prof is able to explain things better in class. Since I was terribly frustrated, naturally, I wanted junk food. Luckily, I had none at my disposal. Other than ice cream and milk chocolate. Another silver lining? I can't eat that without feeling like garbage, so I can avoid it much easier. I opted for cottage cheese ice cream instead. I've made about 6 different variations of these so far, and they're quite satisfying. 

While my "ice cream" was in the freezer, I cleaned up the kitchen and got my lunch together for today. I made a huge stirfry on Monday, so that took care of lunches all week :) 
I've recently gotten bored with my egg whites every morning and decided to switch it up. I was going to wait until starting my new routine before switching up my diet, but I wasn't in the mood to chop up veggies this week.. whoops. I'm hoping that when I start my new program I'll be able to tighten up my diet a bit, I've struggled the last month or so. I'm nervous about progress pictures this weekend! Yikes. 

Anyway, here's my new obsession...

Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats

1/2 banana
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 tbsp PB
1/4 cup almond milk
1/3 cup oats
1/2 scoop vanilla protein
cinnamon

I tried a new way of prepping this just last night, and it turned out delicious today!

First mash the banana and whip it in the container you're using. Then add the egg whites and whip more, then PB (and whip!) and finally the almond milk. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well, cover and refrigerate! 
You can eat it cold, but I've been heating it up for 90 seconds, stirring each 30 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment