Monday, September 30, 2013

Maple Pumpkin Muffins!

I've never been a big fan of pumpkin flavoured things. BUT with joining instagram, all I'm seeing are pumpkin treats! I had to give it a shot, since everything looked so delicious, and I love fall-themed foods. 
Since so many pumpkin muffin recipes were flying around, I got overwhelmed and decided to make my own. For once, I left the protein powder out. 

2 cups oat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
10 packages sweetener

1/3 cup applesauce
1/3 cup almond milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup no sugar added maple syrup
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp maple extract 
1tbsp coconut oil

3/4 cup raisins
walnuts for topping

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another, then combine and mix in raisins. 
Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tray with parchment paper muffin cups. Divide batter between 12 cups, and top with chopped walnuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack. 

ENJOY! These even passed the test of my mom, who doesn't eat clean and loves Tim Hortons pumpkin spice muffin. I wanted these to replace them for her, and I think I may have done it!

No comments:

Post a Comment