Friday, September 13, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies

I did a leg workout on Tuesday. Today is Friday and I'm STILL not walking properly. James Wilson does NOT kid around in week 12. I'm supposed to have another leg workout today, but it's definitely being swapped for tomorrow's workout instead. Stay tuned for some progress pictures and my review of the program! Plus my plan for the next 7 weeks or so :)

I mostly got this next recipe from a blog called undressed skeleton. I've tried a few of her cookie recipes before, but they just never turn out! When this one went up I decided to give it one more go.... with a few modifications. I almost wish I hadn't made them, since I ended up eating about 6 of them yesterday, at least. 

1 cup loosely packed almond flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 cup sweetener (or more if you want the cookies sweeter)
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon

1/3 cup no sugar added maple syrup (I think honey would work here too)
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla

1 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)

1/3 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat over to 350 (My oven is hot so I actually decreased this a bit)
Mix together first 5 dry ingredients in one bowl, and first 3 wet in another then mix together. Add in peanut butter, mix and then add in melted coconut oil and mix again. Add in chocolate chips and stir. Note: I mixed everything by hand, I didn't use a mixer. 

On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, drop dough in 1 tbsp drops and press down with fingers slightly. Bake 7-8 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack to cool!

This made close to 30 cookies, so you may want to share the love!

What's your favourite clean eating cookie recipe?

Do you have any recommendations for dealing with muscle soreness?

No comments:

Post a Comment