Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sweet Treats!

I've been trying really hard to focus on my nutrition lately, especially throughout the week. Unfortunately, I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and it tries constantly to take over my life. I am SO thankful that I can eat Lactose Free Cottage Cheese. President's Choice, you're my hero. 
I've been concocting a bunch of different recipes using it so at night I can have some protein at the same time as something sweet. It's been helping me stay more on track during the day knowing that I get something delicious before bed. 
As soon as I open up the container of cottage cheese, I immediately throw all of it in my nutribullet to blend it until it has the consistency of yogurt. Don't be fooled though, it does not taste like yogurt. 
Here are a few different ways I use the cottage cheese. These can all be modified to taste - more cocoa, more mint, less PB (yeah, right), so don't be scared to test it a few times!
I sometimes like to make it right after dinner and pop it in the freezer. Because it's cottage cheese, you have to take it out and stir it up a few times - don't let it freeze solid! It's also fine right from the fridge :)



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip "Ice Cream"

- desired amount of cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp PB2 or 1 tbsp peanut butter
- tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 packet sweetener
- chocolate chips
optional: small scoop (about a tbsp) of vanilla protein
optional: microwave the chocolate chips with some peanut butter to get a delicious drizzle!



Mint Chocolate Chip "Ice Cream"

-desired amount of cottage cheese
-1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein
- 1 packet sweetener
- mint extract to taste
- chocolate chips




Maple Walnut "Ice Cream"

- desired amount of cottage cheese
- tbsp maple syrup (if using no sugar added, add some sweetener)
- tbsp vanilla protein
- small amount maple extract
- walnuts

Peach Crisp with Vanilla Mousse 

I got this recipe from @thebrokehealthnut on IG. Very much worth a follow!

- 1 diced peach, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave 30 seconds
in another bowl mix:
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- cinnamon
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp maple syrup

Put the mixture over the peaches and microwave for another 45-60 seconds. 

I topped mine with my vanilla mousse (LFCC, vanilla protein, vanilla, sweetener)



What are your go-to healthy treats?

2 comments: